In the United, state flag day is called national flag day. The national flag day celebrates on 14th June to honor the flag. This holiday is celebrated in 1777 when the united states approved the flag design. In 1885 Bernard J. Cigrand a Wisconsin schoolteacher urged his students to observe June 14 as “Flag Birthday”. After that, he wrote an essay published in a Chicago newspaper that urged Americans to proclaim this date as the day to celebrate the flag. William t. kerr of Pennsylvania founded the American Flag Day in 1888 Association of Western Pennsylvania. see here for more events Battle Of The Boyne.
National Flag Day
Facts Of National Flag Day
- On June 14th Flag Day occurs every year but it is not an official federal holiday.
- All know that it is not a federal holiday, many cities and towns hold festivals and parades to honor the American Flag.
- This Day was originally the celebration of the adoption of the united states flag.
- On 14th June president, Woodrow Wilson is recorded as officially setting as flag day in 1916.
- This Day honors the American flag and all its traditions. the first flag has been passed down through the generations created by the best ross.
Celebrate the Flag Day
Flag day worksheet that is perfect for students who want to learn more about flag day which is not an official federal holiday but every year on June 14th celebrates parades and festivals to honor the American Flag. In 1916 President Woodrow Wilson set June 14 as flag day in 1916, but by the Congress, it was never passed as a holiday.